Re: [ptp-dev] New downloads page for Kepler - description of Parallel Package

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2013, at 10:59 PM, Roland Schulz <roland@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Beth Tibbitts <tibbitts@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> That won't fit. it will get truncated.
>> It should fit in two lines of about the same length as what I wrote below.
>> Or else, the *first* two lines of that should be what we want to show.
>>
>> Approximately this size, based on what fits now.
>> (Note that it will be right under the title "Eclipse for Parallel
>> Application Developers" so i'm omitting those words here.)
>> Wordsmith this:

>> Tools for  C, C++, Fortran, and UPC, including MPI, OpenMP, OpenSHMEM and
>> OpenACC.
>>
>> Parallel Debugger. Remotely build and monitor apps on a broad range of
>> target platforms.
>

> I would suggest to remove "on a broad range of target platforms". I suggest:
> "Tools for C/C++, Fortran, UPC, MPI, OpenMP, OpenSHMEM and OpenACC
> developers.
> Remotely build, execute, debug, and monitor parallel apps."
>

> Why? We do support a broad range of platforms.
Yes it isn't wrong. I just don't think it adds much - because it is
rather unspecific (e.g. whether the target OS is meant or the RM or
what). So I think the very few words available can be used better.

Roland

> Greg

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309

Back to the top