Re: [ptp-dev] ETFW classes and methods to query togoption settings

Just to make sure I'm clear: The middle step has a UI element, the value of which sets an environment variable.  You need to access that value from within the first step.  This isn't possible with the current architecture because each 'step' is encapsulated in its own object and only has access to the values assigned to it in the launch configuration.  What I was suggesting above is that you could have two elements, one for each step, with the same value.  The idiom of the system is that each tool defined in the xml workflow is gets its parameters set by a distinct set of widgets with no sharing.  The proper fix, though, is to allow a single xml element to set a value for more than one tool.  I think I could implement something like that, but I want to make sure what I'm describing addresses your requirements.

=Wyatt

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Brian Watt <bwatt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings
>
> The ability to set environment variables through the xml-spec is
> already present, with syntax like:
>         <global name="SCORPEnvironment">
>               <envvar flag="FOO" value="BAR"/>
>       </global>
> (The environment variable FOO is set to the value BAR)
> Or though a ui element:
> <togoption label="Env Bar" optname="BAR" envvar="true">
>                       <optvalue type="text"/>
> </togoption>
> (envvar means the optname, BAR, will be set as the environment
> variable name and given the value put in the text box created in the UI)
>
> If I understand, you need to pass the same value as an environment
> variable for one step and a command line argument for another?

Restating it a bit... I need to query the value within the
first step's dataManager class, which is set into an environment
variable UI element defined in the middle step. Is this even possible?