Re: [ptp-dev] Synchronized Project Default Filter

> we would like to have feedback on what you prefer the default filter is for
> PTP 5.0.5.

This is a great feature!  Thanks!

IMHO, I would be inclined to include binaries in the sync by default.
For someone who's used to local or purely-remote projects, having
binaries appear in the Project Navigator is a pretty important visual
confirmation that the build (or part of it, anyway) was successful.
The so-called "cardinal rule of user interface design" is consistency
-- which allows a user's prior experiences to transfer to new
situations -- so, from a UI standpoint, I think it's important that
synchronized projects work almost identically to local projects by
default.

We've definitely had complaints about slow syncs, so we just need to
make sure that the top Google hit for "slow PTP sync" is an
appropriate FAQ entry on how to disable sync'ing of binaries (along
with the appropriate caveats).

Jeff

Back to the top