Re: [ptp-dev] Re: New Remote C++ Project wizard issue

Could you please open a bug for this. Thanks.

Mike Kucera
Software Developer
IBM Eclipse CDT Team
mkucera@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Matthew Fotzler ---07/29/2009 04:51:40 PM---I figured out what the problem is. RDT creates a remote cMatthew Fotzler ---07/29/2009 04:51:40 PM---I figured out what the problem is. RDT creates a remote connection

Matthew Fotzler <incongruous@xxxxxxxxx>

07/29/2009 04:51 PM

[ptp-dev] Re: New Remote C++ Project wizard issue

I figured out what the problem is.  RDT creates a remote connection
called "Local" by default (using host as localhost).  The connection
with ssh tunneling also uses localhost as the host.

The problem is that on the RSE path, there is nothing to differentiate
between remote connections.  My project path was
rse://LOCALHOST/home/rdt-test/pop, but there were two RSE connections
using LOCALHOST as the host.  So in the project wizard I could use the
remote connection combo box to select the correct connection and find
the file, but when the wizard went to check if the file exists in that
location, it was checking on the local file system instead of the
remote one.

Deleting the local connection gets around this problem for now.  It
would be nice eventually to have a way of distinguishing between the
connections in the rse path.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/rdt-setup to setup a remote project.