[ptp-dev] Service Configuration preference page questions

Greg
I have an initial version of the Service Configuration preference page
working and have some questions

When I create a new service configuration, I'm calling
ServiceModelManager.getInstance().newServiceConfiguration("name") then
creating a new ServiceConfigurationWizard obejct using that service
configuration. This requires me to code the name of the service
configuration in the call to newServiceConfiguration(), and no way to
change that name.

If I cancel the WizardDialog, the service configuration is still in the
list of service configurations since newServiceConfiguration() ceates the
service configuration and adds it to the list. I think this should be two
steps, with a method to create the service configuration and then a second
call to add it to the list. I think the wizard needs somewhere to specify
the name as well.

I have a couple places in my preference page where I need to get a service
configuration by name, to edit or remove a service configuration. I call
ServiceModelManager.getConfigurations() and iterate over the set until I
find what I want. Is it reasonable to add this method to
ServiceModelManager and return null if no match?

I don't fully understand how a service configuration gets added to the
list of service configurations for a project. Are add and delete buttons
required on the properties page, or is there another path intended to do
this? If I need an add buttton, then I think I need to craete a  popup
dialog from the properties page, displaying a list of service
configurations to select from, where that list should exclude the ones
already used by the project. The other way would be two service
configuration lists in the properties page with '-->' and '<--' buttons
between them to move them from the complete list to the project's list,
but I think that's not the right way to do it.
Dave

Back to the top