Re: [ptp-dev] unresolved compilation errors with Eclipse 3.5

You can get the latest RSE (RC2) from http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/drops/S-3.1RC2-200905271930/index.php

It isn't packaged as an update site so you'll have to extract it and drop it in to the eclipse\dropin folder.

Regards,

Vivian Kong
IBM Eclipse CDT
IBM Canada Toronto Lab

Inactive hide details for Chris Recoskie---06/03/2009 03:24:04 PM---You need a newish RSE as well. They changed an API and madeChris Recoskie---06/03/2009 03:24:04 PM---You need a newish RSE as well. They changed an API and made it throw a new exception, which was the reason for the code change

Chris Recoskie/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

06/03/2009 03:24 PM

Re: [ptp-dev] unresolved compilation errors with Eclipse 3.5

You need a newish RSE as well. They changed an API and made it throw a new exception, which was the reason for the code change that is giving you the compilation error.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto
Inactive hide details for Vivian Kong/Toronto/IBM@IBMCAVivian Kong/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

                  Vivian Kong/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
                  Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

                  06/03/2009 03:15 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject

Re: [ptp-dev] unresolved compilation errors with Eclipse 3.5

Please try a newer RDT driver. I've found problems with the ones around early-mid May and the
compilation problem should be fixed in the newer drivers (May 27 +).

I can't access the Eclipse build server at the moment so I can't give you a link to the newer builds. I'll send it to you when it becomes available.

Regards,

Vivian Kong
IBM Eclipse CDT
IBM Canada Toronto Lab

Inactive hide details for Jeremiah Swan---06/03/2009 02:38:46 PM---I'm running into some problems setting up PTP on Eclipse 3.5Jeremiah Swan---06/03/2009 02:38:46 PM---I'm running into some problems setting up PTP on Eclipse 3.5 drivers. I'm starting with an IES 3.5 RC3 (I20090530-1032), and in

Jeremiah Swan/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/03/2009 02:38 PM

[ptp-dev] unresolved compilation errors with Eclipse 3.5

I'm running into some problems setting up PTP on Eclipse 3.5 drivers. I'm starting with an IES 3.5 RC3 (
I20090530-1032), and installing the CDT v600 RC3 master feature and the PTP May 15th master feature. The RSE End-User Runtime and RSE User Actions are installed via the Galileo update site.

I set up my AIX dstore connection and when I attempt to connect, I am presented with an exception dialog:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2009-06-03 13:52:25.875
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Connect".
!STACK 0
java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
Unreachable catch block for SystemMessageException. This exception is never thrown from the try statement body

at org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.ui.subsystems.RemoteCIndexSubsystem.initializeSubSystem(RemoteCIndexSubsystem.java:116)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.AbstractConnectorService.initializeSubSystems(AbstractConnectorService.java:304)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.AbstractConnectorService.connect(AbstractConnectorService.java:416)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.SubSystem.connect(SubSystem.java:2476)
at org.eclipse.rse.internal.ui.actions.SystemConnectAllSubSystemsAction$ConnectAllJob.run(SystemConnectAllSubSystemsAction.java:75)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

The exception isn't a good sign, but the connection seems to work fine; I am able to browse processes, etc. I then attempt to create an IBM Parallel Environment resource manager, and the wizard malfunctions. This exception is logged:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2009-06-03 14:15:24.218
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
The import org.eclipse.equinox.security cannot be resolved
The import org.eclipse.equinox.security cannot be resolved
The import org.eclipse.equinox.security cannot be resolved
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type
SecurePreferencesFactory cannot be resolved
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type
StorageException cannot be resolved to a type
StorageException cannot be resolved to a type
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type
SecurePreferencesFactory cannot be resolved
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type

at org.eclipse.ptp.remotetools.environment.core.TargetEnvironmentManager.<init>(TargetEnvironmentManager.java:29)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remotetools.environment.EnvironmentPlugin.getTargetsManager(EnvironmentPlugin.java:83)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remote.remotetools.core.RemoteToolsConnectionManager.<init>(RemoteToolsConnectionManager.java:36)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remote.remotetools.core.RemoteToolsServices.initialize(RemoteToolsServices.java:80)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remote.internal.core.RemoteServicesProxy.loadServices(RemoteServicesProxy.java:165)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remote.internal.core.RemoteServicesProxy.initialize(RemoteServicesProxy.java:146)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remote.core.PTPRemoteCorePlugin.retrieveRemoteServices(PTPRemoteCorePlugin.java:273)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remote.core.PTPRemoteCorePlugin.getRemoteServices(PTPRemoteCorePlugin.java:217)
at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.remote.ui.wizards.AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.loadSaved(AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.java:485)
at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.remote.ui.wizards.AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.initContents(AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.java:465)
at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.remote.ui.wizards.AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.setVisible(AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.java:281)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage(WizardDialog.java:1171)
<snipped big stacktrace section>
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)

At this point "Local" is the only option listed for the remote services provider in the wizard, so I am unable to continue with the resource manager setup. The version of org.eclipse.equinox.security loaded in my Eclipse 3.5 RC3 driver is 1.0.100.v20090520-1800. I've tried a bunch of older Eclipse, CDT & PTP drivers (RC1, M7, M6, etc) with similar results. Any help would be appreciated.