[ptp-dev] Routing PE plugin stderr output to Eclipse view

I'm looking at changes to my PE plugin to route stderr output generated by
the application run by the user to an Eclipse view. Does it make sense to
use the Eclipse console view as the target for the stderr output rather
than implementing a new view to display the output? I think this would be
sufficient for my purposes, where the intent is to send whatever the
application writes to stderr to a view it is not lost.

It looks like I can get a console to write to by getting the console
plugin object via ConsolePlugin.getDefault(), calling getConsoleManager()
on that object then calling getConsoles() to get a list of consoles and
picking the first console that is an instance of IOConsole. If there is no
instance of IOConsole, I have to create one and add it to the consoles
managed by the ConsoleManager object. Does this make sense?
Dave

Back to the top