Re: [ptp-dev] unresolved compilation errors with Eclipse 3.5

Please try a newer RDT driver. I've found problems with the ones around early-mid May and the compilation problem should be fixed in the newer drivers (May 27 +).

I can't access the Eclipse build server at the moment so I can't give you a link to the newer builds. I'll send it to you when it becomes available.

Regards,

Vivian Kong
IBM Eclipse CDT
IBM Canada Toronto Lab

Inactive hide details for Jeremiah Swan---06/03/2009 02:38:46 PM---I'm running into some problems setting up PTP on Eclipse 3.5Jeremiah Swan---06/03/2009 02:38:46 PM---I'm running into some problems setting up PTP on Eclipse 3.5 drivers. I'm starting with an IES 3.5 RC3 (I20090530-1032), and in

Jeremiah Swan/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/03/2009 02:38 PM

[ptp-dev] unresolved compilation errors with Eclipse 3.5

I'm running into some problems setting up PTP on Eclipse 3.5 drivers. I'm starting with an IES 3.5 RC3 (I20090530-1032), and installing the CDT v600 RC3 master feature and the PTP May 15th master feature. The RSE End-User Runtime and RSE User Actions are installed via the Galileo update site.

I set up my AIX dstore connection and when I attempt to connect, I am presented with an exception dialog:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2009-06-03 13:52:25.875
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Connect".
!STACK 0
java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
Unreachable catch block for SystemMessageException. This exception is never thrown from the try statement body

at org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.ui.subsystems.RemoteCIndexSubsystem.initializeSubSystem(RemoteCIndexSubsystem.java:116)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.AbstractConnectorService.initializeSubSystems(AbstractConnectorService.java:304)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.AbstractConnectorService.connect(AbstractConnectorService.java:416)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.SubSystem.connect(SubSystem.java:2476)
at org.eclipse.rse.internal.ui.actions.SystemConnectAllSubSystemsAction$ConnectAllJob.run(SystemConnectAllSubSystemsAction.java:75)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

The exception isn't a good sign, but the connection seems to work fine; I am able to browse processes, etc. I then attempt to create an IBM Parallel Environment resource manager, and the wizard malfunctions. This exception is logged:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2009-06-03 14:15:24.218
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
The import org.eclipse.equinox.security cannot be resolved
The import org.eclipse.equinox.security cannot be resolved
The import org.eclipse.equinox.security cannot be resolved
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type
SecurePreferencesFactory cannot be resolved
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type
StorageException cannot be resolved to a type
StorageException cannot be resolved to a type
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type
SecurePreferencesFactory cannot be resolved
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type
ISecurePreferences cannot be resolved to a type

at org.eclipse.ptp.remotetools.environment.core.TargetEnvironmentManager.<init>(TargetEnvironmentManager.java:29)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remotetools.environment.EnvironmentPlugin.getTargetsManager(EnvironmentPlugin.java:83)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remote.remotetools.core.RemoteToolsConnectionManager.<init>(RemoteToolsConnectionManager.java:36)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remote.remotetools.core.RemoteToolsServices.initialize(RemoteToolsServices.java:80)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remote.internal.core.RemoteServicesProxy.loadServices(RemoteServicesProxy.java:165)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remote.internal.core.RemoteServicesProxy.initialize(RemoteServicesProxy.java:146)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remote.core.PTPRemoteCorePlugin.retrieveRemoteServices(PTPRemoteCorePlugin.java:273)
at org.eclipse.ptp.remote.core.PTPRemoteCorePlugin.getRemoteServices(PTPRemoteCorePlugin.java:217)
at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.remote.ui.wizards.AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.loadSaved(AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.java:485)
at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.remote.ui.wizards.AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.initContents(AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.java:465)
at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.remote.ui.wizards.AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.setVisible(AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.java:281)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage(WizardDialog.java:1171)
<snipped big stacktrace section>
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)

At this point "Local" is the only option listed for the remote services provider in the wizard, so I am unable to continue with the resource manager setup. The version of org.eclipse.equinox.security loaded in my Eclipse 3.5 RC3 driver is 1.0.100.v20090520-1800. I've tried a bunch of older Eclipse, CDT & PTP drivers (RC1, M7, M6, etc) with similar results. Any help would be appreciated.