[ptp-dev] Changes made for PTP - UNICORE integration

Hi Greg,

First of all thanks for helping me in the beginning. Indeed it was
very helpful and I have made some progress since then.
I have some questions related to the PTP - UNICORE integration in the
current state of this effort. The source version I am using is
v200902231052.

1) In several classes of the org.eclipse.ptp.launch plugin the
RMConfiguration is checked  whether the instance is of
AbstractRemoteResourceManagerConfiguration. I think it is not very
much suitable for the new resource managers inheriting from only
AbstractResourceManagerConfiguration but not inheriting
AbstractRemoteResourceManagerConfiguration. Thus I have defined
another interface to allow more flexibility. Following is the snapshot
of the existing code.

########## snippet ###############
if (conf instanceof AbstractRemoteResourceManagerConfiguration) {
 AbstractRemoteResourceManagerConfiguration remConf =
(AbstractRemoteResourceManagerConfiguration)conf;
########## snippet ###############

For UNICORE I am not directly inheriting this class, if I would then
unicore based jobs will not run due to this check. Thus I have defined
another interface for AbstractRemoteResourceManagerConfiguration and
UNICORE one to serve this purpose. Following are the changes I made it
to run unicore and native openmpi jobs,

########## snippet ###############
if (conf instanceof IRemoteRMConfiguration) {
//				AbstractRemoteResourceManagerConfiguration remConf =
(AbstractRemoteResourceManagerConfiguration)conf;
				IRemoteRMConfiguration remConf = (IRemoteRMConfiguration)conf;
########## snippet ###############

For ref. in the launch plugin the above statement is used in the
following classes,

PTPLaunchPlugin, AbstractParallelLaunchConfigurationDelegate, ApplicationTab

I have attached the tiny IRemoteRMConfiguration interface  for your
review, but I haven't added the remaining methods of
AbsrtactResourceManagerConfiguraton as I dont need them.

May be there could be a more better way to deal with it.

2) I am trying to build remote projects, the first problem is that it
becomes extremely slow and after few minutes eclipse terminates due to
the outofmemory error. Although I have changed the eclipse vm
parameters. This problem only occurs during the remote project
development and build. I guess I am doing anything wrong in the setup
or do I need to update code to the latest build.

Thanks and Regards,
--
------------------
Mohammad Shahbaz Memon

Office: +49 (0)2461 61 6567
Fax:     +49 (0)2461 61 6656
http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)
package org.eclipse.ptp.core;

import org.eclipse.ptp.rmsystem.IResourceManagerConfiguration;

public interface IRemoteRMConfiguration extends IResourceManagerConfiguration {

	public String getRemoteServicesId();

	public String getConnectionName();

}

Back to the top