Re: [ptp-dev] FileStorage

Chris Recoskie wrote:
Yes I understand that... but can we get rid of the duplication?
Yes, you can. Source editor requires IStorage interface to get InputStream of source file. I changed to use org.eclipse.debug.core.sourcelookup.containers.LocalFileStorage that provides the same function as FileStorage.

Clement

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

Clement Kam Man Chu <clement.chu@info To tech.monash.edu.a Parallel Tools Platform general u> developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: cc ptp-dev-bounces@e clipse.org Subject Re: [ptp-dev] FileStorage 09/12/2007 04:44 AM Please respond to Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@eclipse. org>

Hi Chris,

    FileStorage is used to store a path of c source file in order to
using CDT editor.  Currently, PTP is depending on CDT editor for setting
breakpoint, annotation and source locater.

Regards,
Clement

Chris Recoskie wrote:
Greg and I have been looking at supporting EFS with CDT and PTP, and I've
run into something which I wanted to get an opinion on (particularly from
Clement seeing as he wrote it).

PTP seems to duplicate CDT's FileStorage class in org.
eclipse.ptp.core.resources.  Greg and I are wondering...  is there any
reason for this?  It seems to be more or less a cut and paste of the CDT
one.  Rather than refactor the same code in two places to support EFS I'm
thinking that really the PTP one should just disappear and the CDT one
should be what is used.

Thoughts?

Clement Kam Man Chu
Research Assistant