Re: [ptp-dev] FileStorage

Yes I understand that... but can we get rid of the duplication?

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             Clement Kam Man
             Chu
             <clement.chu@info                                          To
             tech.monash.edu.a         Parallel Tools Platform general
             u>                        developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             ptp-dev-bounces@e
             clipse.org                                            Subject
                                       Re: [ptp-dev] FileStorage

             09/12/2007 04:44
             AM

             Please respond to
              Parallel Tools
             Platform general
                developers
             <ptp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi Chris,

    FileStorage is used to store a path of c source file in order to
using CDT editor.  Currently, PTP is depending on CDT editor for setting
breakpoint, annotation and source locater.

Regards,
Clement

Chris Recoskie wrote:
> Greg and I have been looking at supporting EFS with CDT and PTP, and I've
> run into something which I wanted to get an opinion on (particularly from
> Clement seeing as he wrote it).
>
> PTP seems to duplicate CDT's FileStorage class in org.
> eclipse.ptp.core.resources.  Greg and I are wondering...  is there any
> reason for this?  It seems to be more or less a cut and paste of the CDT
> one.  Rather than refactor the same code in two places to support EFS I'm
> thinking that really the PTP one should just disappear and the CDT one
> should be what is used.
>
> Thoughts?

Clement Kam Man Chu
Research Assistant