[ptp-dev] Question about examining launch config. attributes

I'm working on code which will ensure that when a user is running my PE
proxy in basic mode (where he fills in widgets to set PE options) that he
has not set any PE environment variables, which all start with 'MP_' or
specified any PE command line options. My intent in disallowing these is
to avoid problems where a command line option or environment variable is
set and that setting conflicts with values entered in the resources tab of
the launch configuration.

I've found that I can do this by retrieving the
"org.eclipse.debug.core.environmentVariables" attribute as a Map and by
retrieving the "org.eclipse.ptp.launch.ARGUMENT_ATTR" attribute as a
string and examining those. This works, but I want to know if I will run
into problems in the future by doing this.

Thanks

Dave

Back to the top