Re: [ptp-dev] Error on ProxyPacket

I can't recreate this consistently. Sometimes I run my application without
problems, but then the next time I get the exception. My traceback is
slightly different from the stack entry for Integer.parseInt and whatever
it calls, probably due to a different Java runtime, but identical before
that. In looking at code, it looks like teh ProxyPacket.read method is
trying to parse what it thinks is an 8 hex digit integer and failing when
it sees the ' ' at the start of the string. Since I can't reliably
recreate this, I'm not sure what's happening. A cojuple possibilities are
that  whatever is generating the packet is generating garbage for length
strings sometimes or the communications sequence is out of sync and the
read method is reading something which is not really a length string.
Dave

Clement Kam Man Chu <clement.chu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/26/2007 03:06 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject

Dave Wootton wrote:
> I've also been seeing this intermittently for a while. I updated from
head
> today and just saw this again, using a remote proxy.
> Dave

Hi Dave,

    Do you know how to reproduce this error?  I am not sure because this
error does not occur frequently.  Sometimes occurred after I launched a
debug job with a large number of processes.

Clement
> Clement Kam Man Chu <clement.chu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 11/21/2007 10:38 PM
> Please respond to
> Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> [ptp-dev] Error on ProxyPacket
>

> Hi,
>
> I got the following error from the latest version of head.
>
> java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: " 00df:00"
>     at

java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
>     at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:447)
>     at
org.eclipse.ptp.proxy.packet.ProxyPacket.read(ProxyPacket.java:157)
>     at

org.eclipse.ptp.proxy.client.AbstractProxyClient.sessionProgress(AbstractProxyClient.java:354)
>     at

org.eclipse.ptp.proxy.client.AbstractProxyClient.access$8(AbstractProxyClient.java:352)
>     at

org.eclipse.ptp.proxy.client.AbstractProxyClient$2.run(AbstractProxyClient.java:297)

--
Clement Kam Man Chu
Research Assistant