Re: [ptp-dev] Questions about remote support

On Oct 3, 2007, at 7:57 PM, Dave Wootton wrote:

Boy do I feel dumb. After reading this, I went back to the URL you gave me, and saw the instructions for using the PSF file at the top of the page. All I have to offer in defense is that I am only back from vacation three days, it's been crazy, and I was trying to get more stuff done today since I've got more vacation this month (including tomorrow & Fri)

No problem.
Anyway, I can now create a proxy on a remote node, and I can get the proxy started. I tried running a job, but since I don't have all the files I need copied to the remote node the job crashed at the point where my proxy issues the fork/exec. There's a couple other odd things, but those are probably problems with my code. So that's a starting point.

One thing I did notice is that when I created the resource manager, the wizard page where I specify the proxy path expects to find that proxy executable at the specified path on the local node, not on the remote node. I think this is the same problem I'm trying to solve with the RSE calls I need to add to my parallel tab. Just wanted to mention it.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean here. If you're subclassing AbstractRemoteResourceManager rather than AbstractResourceManager then the path should be for the remote proxy.

Greg

Back to the top