[ptp-dev] Question about IRMLaunchConfigurationDynamicTab.setDefaults

I think I misunderstood the purpose for the setDefaults method in
IRMLaunchConfigurationDynamicTab. I had implemented it so that it got the
default values for attributes from my resource manager and set those
values into the widgets in my implementation of this tab. In restructuring
code, I reread the comments for this method and it appears that the real
purpose for it is to set the default values for attributes in the
ILaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy that is passed in, using values obtained
from the IResourceManager that is passed in. It also looks like the
initializeFrom method is how the widgets in my tab get filled in, which is
what I have done and is working just fine.

Can you confirm this is correct or if not, what the purpose of setDefaults
is?

Thanks
Dave

Back to the top