Re: [ptp-dev] Two questions about latest HEAD level code

Randy
This works correctly now.
Thanks
Dave

"Randy M. Roberts" <rsqrd@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
07/11/2007 12:38 PM
Please respond to

ptp-dev <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [ptp-dev] Two questions about latest HEAD level code

Dave,

Check out my latest commit to HEAD.  I think I have what you need.
Let me know if I'm missing something.

R^2

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 10:57 -0400, Dave Wootton wrote:
> Randy
> I am still having problems with BigInteger with the latest changes. I am

> getting a null pointer exception when I send across my attribute
> definition using an attribute type of "BIGINTEGER" at line 62 of
> RuntimeMessageEvent because the attributes field is null. Track back to
> find the cause, I see that there appears to be no code in
> AbstractProxyRuntimeSystem.parseAttributeDefinition to handle big
integer
> attribute definitions. I had originally worked around the missing
support
> on my own and am sending an attribute definition modeled after an
INTEGER
> attribute definition from the proxy including min, max and default
values,
> using the string BIGINTEGER as the identifier for the event.
>
> I think parseAttributeDefinition needs code to create the attribute
> definition for BigIntegerAttribute. If I'm misunderstanding something or

> doing something wrong, let me know.
>
> Thanks
> Dave
>

> "Randy M. Roberts" <rsqrd@xxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 07/10/2007 12:10 PM
> Please respond to
> Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> ptp-dev <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: [ptp-dev] Two questions about latest HEAD level code
>

> Dave,
>
> I've committed the addition to AttributeDefinitionManager.
>
> R^2
>
> On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 09:56 -0600, Randy M. Roberts wrote:
> > I have two responses, below, mixed in with the replied-to message
> > text...
> >
> > R^2

> > > Randy, did you add these, or just the BigIntegerAttribute class?
> >
> > I spaced on this one.  I'll take care of it right away.

> and

> compile
> > >
> > > I didn't think I'd committed anything that required these two
> > > plugins. Are you seeing some dependency? There shouldn't be anything

> > > hooked up that uses them yet. I'll try and have this working by the
> > > end of the week.
> >
> > I found that I only needed org.eclipse.ptp.remote, not
o.e.p.remote.rse.