[ptp-dev] PTP vs CDT main launch tab

Greetings,

Is there a reason the PTP's main launch configuration tab's implementation is so distinct from the CDT's?  For PTP 1.1 it seems like they both attempt to provide similar functionality and that the PTP tab could easily be an extension of the CDT tab.  The most significant differences seem to be that the CDT implements stricter control of binary-file selection and requires the inclusion of some CDT-specific packages.  Unless the current PTP main tab is necessarily different or PTP 2's main tab is going to have significantly different requirements I think I could submit a patch that merges them without too much difficulty.

This is relevant to the TAU plugins in that I am altering the main tabs for the user to select a build configuration rather than a binary, since the plugins don't run preexisting executables anyway.  If the PTP's differences from the CDT are necessary I will extend the PTP tab separately, otherwise I'll reuse the extension I made to the CDT main tab.

Thanks,
Wyatt

Back to the top