Re: [ptp-dev] Eclipse and HPC community

Greetings Laksono,
I use eclipse for Cactus Code (www.cactuscode.org) development. An increasing number of undergraduates and graduate students in the group are migrating as well. We are also developing our own cactus code plugin (www.cactuscode.org/Community/Mojave) and are using it with other plugins.

The good people at PTP provide my group with a parallel debugger that I use on an almost daily basis (thanks guys). I am trying to make use of other eclipse plugins (ECF, GEF, BIRT etc...) but so far only rely heavily on CDT and PTP.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Yaakoub

Laksono Adhianto wrote:
Dear all,

Is there any people from HPC community that "really" use Eclipse for their work ? (programming, debugging, analyzing, ....)

I rarely see OpenMP or MPI programmers use Eclipse. Furthermore, most of our partners (if not all) always use either VI or Emacs. I know some people who knows Eclipse but they always use VI/Emacs for regular daily basis.

The reason I ask this question because we (in the University of Houston) currently develop an Eclipse plugin for OpenMP (and MPI) programmers. And I am not sure if somebody will use our plugin :-(

(Note: Our plugin is different to PTP since it interacts closely to our compiler... )

Thank you. And I apologize if I send to wrong group.

Back to the top