Re: [ptp-dev] Eclipse and HPC community

That's great to hear!
Please don't hesitate to tell us what you're doing, and any problems or
suggestions you might have.
the ptp-user mailing list might be more appropriate, but it's wonderful to
hear that people are using PTP!

Regarding the initial question, yes we know that most HPC users use emacs,
vi, and command line tools.
As the depth of tools for HPC grows (with PTP and what you're doing, for
example, Yaakoub),
and we get the word out, we are hoping to change that momentum.

...Beth
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
T.J.Watson Research Center
Lexington, KY 40511

             Yaakoub Y El
             Khamra
             <yye00@xxxxxxxxxx                                          To
             u>                        Parallel Tools Platform general
             Sent by:                  developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             ptp-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [ptp-dev] Eclipse and HPC
             03/13/2007 04:25          community
             PM

              Please respond
             Platform general
                developers
             <ptp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Greetings Laksono,
development. An
increasing number of undergraduates and graduate students in the group
are migrating as well. We are also developing our own cactus code plugin
(www.cactuscode.org/Community/Mojave) and are using it with other
plugins.
that I
use on an almost daily basis (thanks guys). I am trying to make use of
other eclipse plugins (ECF, GEF, BIRT etc...) but so far only rely
heavily on CDT and PTP.
Dear all,
Eclipse for
> their work ? (programming, debugging, analyzing, ....)
>
> Furthermore, most of our partners (if not  all) always use either VI or
> Emacs. I know some people who knows Eclipse but they always use
> VI/Emacs for regular daily basis.
because we (in the University of Houston)
> currently develop an Eclipse plugin for OpenMP (and MPI) programmers.
> And I am not sure if somebody will use our plugin :-(
is different to PTP since it interacts closely to our