RE: [ptp-dev] Release numbering and the 1.1 release

> I think the options for how to proceed are:
>
> 1. Keep the release as 1.1 and hold a release review. This will
> probably delay the release until the new year, unless we can sneak
> into the reviews being held next week.
>
> 2. Keep the release as 1.1, but consider it a 1.0.1 release (i.e. a
> bug fix release). This will no doubt be frowned upon.

Yes, this would be frowned upon by your friendly neighborhood PMC :).

> 3. Change the release to 1.0.1. This will involve creating a new
> branch and renaming some builds. I can do this fairly easily.
>
> Would people prefer option 1, 2 or 3?

3 Sounds like your best bet if you truly haven't added substantial
functionality.

BTW. Release Reviews are pretty painless and should only involve gathering
the information you already should have into a slide package. The toughest
part is gathering the third party contributions into a list. But if you guys
are using bugzilla to capture patches, that isn't too hard either.

Cheers
Doug.

Back to the top