Re: [ptp-dev] Release numbering and the 1.1 release

I agree with Craig (I think)
>3. Change the release to 1.0.1. This will involve creating a new
>branch and renaming some builds. I can do this fairly easily.
Because this seems like the right thing to do,
altho it may be confusing to users.  We have been saying the 1.1 is
imminent.
But 1.0.1 seems more accurate.

How about PLDT? I sorta like keeping the versions the same as core PTP
but since the OpenMP support is being added to PLDT it's more of a 1.1 than
a 1.0.1.
What do you think?

...Beth
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
T.J.Watson Research Center
Lexington, KY 40511

             Greg Watson
             <g.watson@compute
             r.org>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  Parallel Tools Platform general
             ptp-dev-bounces@e         developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/15/2006 10:09          [ptp-dev] Release numbering and the
             PM                        1.1 release

              Please respond
             Platform general
                developers
             <ptp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi all,
www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/implementation-phase.php) and it
looks like where the major number (N) or minor number (M) for a
release N.M.P changes is considered a 'major' release. The official
definition of a minor number change is where 'the APIs are the same
but there is substantial new function'. In our case, we haven't
introduced substantial new function, just fixed a bunch of bugs and
improved performance. To me this is more like an incremental number
(P) change, so this release should probably really be 1.0.1 rather
than 1.1.

1. Keep the release as 1.1 and hold a release review. This will
probably delay the release until the new year, unless we can sneak
into the reviews being held next week.

2. Keep the release as 1.1, but consider it a 1.0.1 release (i.e. a
bug fix release). This will no doubt be frowned upon.

3. Change the release to 1.0.1. This will involve creating a new
branch and renaming some builds. I can do this fairly easily.
prefer option 1, 2 or 3?

Regards,
list