[ptp-dev] OpenMP tools

Beth,

I had a conversation with some our users this week and they were interested in OpenMP. What are you all thinking of in terms of OpenMP. Do you plan on static analysis tools to look at loop dependencies so that loops could be parallelized? Surprisingly (to me at least) they seemed interested in this. I think they are interested in minor speedups over serial code (say times 2) if they threw a few processors at their application.

I'm also interested in data dependency analysis in general so if you have designs in that area please speak up.

Happy Holidays to all,
Craig

Back to the top