Re: [ptp-dev] Debug / Runtime interface

> Donny, Clement - how are you guys envisioning the interaction between
> the debug and parallel models?  I'm not entirely clear what happens when
> someone clicks on the 'debug run' button as opposed to the 'run'
> button.  I believe a configuration is passed into the same run method
> but that configuration has a debug flag set - is this correct?
>

>From looking at ParallelLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(), Eclipse
gives us a String (ILaunchManager.DEBUG_MODE or
ILaunchManager.RUN_MODE) to distingush 'run' and 'debug'

> ModelManager.run(...., required_debug[true/false], ...)
> {
>     if(required_debug == true) {
>        debugModel.run(controlSystemHandle, ...);
>     }
>     else {
>        controlSystemHandle.run(...);
>     }
> }
>
> Then if the debugging was required, you could do whatever preparation
> you needed for the control system in the debug model.  I could hand you
> a handle to the control system so that you could call
> controlSystemHandle.run(...) whenever you were ready (after preparing
> the debug system).

I think it's a good idea.

Currently, I'm waiting till getLaunchManager.execMI() to finish so
that I can get the PJob by calling
getLaunchManager().getUniverse().getJobs(). Then, I passes PJob to
debugConfig.createDebugger().createDebuggerSession().

Inside the debug code, I build another debug process model based on
the processes from PJob.getProcesses()

Donny

Back to the top