Re: [ptp-dev] debugger

Sorry for the late reply Donny. I've been working in these files as well but why don't you just upload your to CVS (my pretty-close-to-current version is in CVS as well). We can then deal with conflicts. I'm working hard on fixing up the RTE so that it's not hard-coded and you can switch between the simulated one and the OMPI/ORTE one through the preferences. Basically it works, just requiring some tidying up here and there before I commit it.

Once that's in I'll redo the preferences page for the simulated environment so that you can setup parameters that you like - such as how many parallel machines you 'see' and how many nodes exist on each machine. Probably even some simulated jobs that run on those machines as well. This configuration panel will be marginally complicated so might take me a few days but since it's just a simulation I'll not waste too much time making it super-perfect at this time.

-- Nathan
Correspondence
Nathan DeBardeleben, Ph.D.
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Parallel Tools Team
High Performance Computing Environments
phone: 505-667-3428
email: ndebard@xxxxxxxx

Donny Kurniawan wrote:

Greg,

So basically, we make the runtime model and the debug model the same?
The IProcess is part of the platform debug model, does ptp.core.IPProcess extend debug.core.model.IProcess ?

Nathan,
I've modified 2 files in ptp.launch:
- ParallelLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java
- plugin.xml (for some dependencies)

Do you want me to send both files to you or upload them to CVS?

Thanks,
Donny