Re: [polarsys-iwg] TR: Question about IWG Participation Fees

Dear Eric,

First of all, I must state that all Polarsys projects will be Open Source projects, either under EPL license, under one of the BSD like license, or even under LGPL license. So the source code, as well as some documentation (wiki, ...) will be publicly available.
You should definitely find the same level of openness for Polarsys projects that you experience today with all Eclipse projects.

But you are right that some artefacts are planned to be private to the Working Group members. For example, the Qualification kits and the LTS binaries will be private to the Working Group.
We are aware that in Polarsys context, these artefacts must be usable in the long term (for example, a qualification kit that is used in a certification process must be usable by the Polarsys member with no time limitation) and we expect the Steering Committee to define a License that take this "long term usage" clause into account.

Similarly, some infrastructure will be private to the Working Group Members. It is the case of the build infrastructure for the creation and signing of maintenance builds.

So this article is about the fact that the Steering Committee will define the private artifacts and the license to be applied to these artifacts.

The special case of OPEES members is not described in the Membership Agreement. Here is what is being offered to OPEES partners.
The Eclipse Foundation and the Polarsys IWG give OPEES partners access to some Polarsys services in a win/win approach:
  - Polarsys infrastructure is a good place to proceed to OPEES experiments and provides a good set of existing services.
  - OPEES members help bootstrap the Polarsys code base and other documentations like Quality kits, etc...
In the end, we will have to take the specific case of OPEES partners who contribute on qualification kits (typically private resources) and don't become Polarsys members. These members would certainly not be able to access to new versions of the tools qualification kits if they don't become Polarsys members.

In conclusion:
* Topcased and other Polarsys projects will be available as Open Source
* Opees partners are welcome to do their experiments on the Polarsys alpha infrastructure
* Private content will be available only to Polarsys members

Best regards,
Gaël Blondelle
Opees project leader
Obeo