[platform-vcm-dev] [ANN] New synchronize view

A new synchronize view will be part of the next 3.0 integration build. Why
you ask? Well there were many open bugs relating to the synchronize view,
there was no public API for repository providers to use it, and we felt
that we could to better. Of course, this is the first crack at reworking
it and there is some polishing left to do. But we really think that we are
on the right track.

The top changes are:
- The view is now live, and reflects outgoing changes as they happen.
There is no need to synchronize to see outgoing changes. There is no need
for the CVS tasks.
- The file comparison is shown in an editor instead of in the view. This
fits with the overall Eclipse UI model. Editor re-use is implemented and
you can have several modified compare editors open at once.
- View can show a table or tree view of the sync resources.

We will be removing the CVS synchronize action after M2. We have been
self-hosting for a while using the new view and love it. See the issues
sections to find out what isn't quite working yet in the new view. We are
waiting for bug fixes/enhancements from other components for some of them.

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-vcm-home/docs/online/team3.0/synchronizing.html

Enjoy...
Jean-Michel

Back to the top