[platform-update-dev] "Provisioning" ?

I'm interested to know why you chose to use the term "Provisioning".

According to Merriam-Webster (www.m-w.com) "provisioning" means:

      "to supply with provisions"

where "provisions" returns

a : the act or process of providing
b : the fact or state of being prepared beforehand
c : a measure taken beforehand to deal with a need or contingency

While I can understand that you are "providing" a framework, I fail to see
how the term applies to the process itself.

I have to be honest.  Part of the reason I disagree with your phrasing is
that I am working with the Update component team to create a Role based
Eclipse distribution framework. Within we (I) would hope to insure that
Users have the tools that need to do their jobs when they need to do it.
That, to me, harkens more to the term.

Please consider the term "Maturity".  Its a great term that anyone in the
software world should recognize and I think fits what you are trying to
acienve much better.

With very best regards,

James

Back to the top