Re: [platform-update-dev] CVS Folder

James,

The update plugins you need to look at are those that ship with the eclipse SDK:
org.eclipse.update.{configurator,core,ui,scheduler}. There are also two fragments, one for linux and one for win32, but you probably don't need them.
Unfortunately, the CVS module for update is obsolete and committers can't modify them. We should perhaps ask the webmaster to change it.

Yes, platform-update-home is the update website (all components will soon move to a new site template).

As you've seen, there isn't much internal documentation. I ran into similar issues when I started working on update in 3.0. Search the eclipse site for archived discussions on various topics; in the end, the code is your best friend :-)

-Dorian

"James D Carroll" <jamesdcarroll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-update-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/18/2005 09:53 PM

Please respond to
platform-update-dev

"Eclipse Update" <platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-update-dev] CVS Folder

When I first looked into getting involved in helping on the Update component
I followed the instructions for accessing the Eclipse CVS server to get the
code. There were, of course, many directories; one for every plugin. But
there were some at the bottom that seemed to group others together into
logical units including one for "platform-update". Sure enough it contained
Update related items, but not all of them.  As a result, I went to the
Update Component Development Resources page and got a list of the plugins
that were actually needed. I also had to add some other needed plugins to
project; org.apache.xerces for one I think.

Is it possible to change the items in the folder that grouped plugins to
include everything that someone would need to start off?

Another question: the "platform-update-home" branch. Is that the Update
website itself?

Thanks!