[platform-update-dev] Where to start/ How to help

I've read just about every article I can find about the update portions of
Eclipse and downloaded the source from CVS. There's a particular feature
that I'd like to see update have but can't seem to find how to achieve it
and would be VERY interested in making it a reality.

Baiscally it would involve the ability to create a 'login' page that accepts
user and password. The update manager then would contact the update site and
get the list of plugins that person should have, download new versions if
needed, and delete any that they shouldn't have.

I think that this would be very useful in a business world by allowing for
not only the role based distribution of plugins, but for centralized
liscensing management.

Thanks. I really hope that I can hope make this a reality if it already
isn't.

James

Back to the top