Re: [platform-update-dev] Status during uninstall of an update?

Check the archives, there is a description on how you can create your own custom class loader inside your install handler with access to the UI, and have that load another install handler (the first one acts like a proxy).

-Dorian

"Brad Jarvinen" <Brad.Jarvinen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-update-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/09/2005 07:30 PM

Please respond to
platform-update-dev

<platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-update-dev] Status during uninstall of an update?

There's a very nice IProgressMonitor instance during an install which a custom install handler can update to show status (showing up in the progress dialog).  There doesn't seem to be one during an uninstall from the Manage Configuration dialog.  Am I missing it or does it not exist?  It'd be really nice to have status messages show up in a status bar at the bottom of the Manage Configuration dialog or in a separate progress dialog when an update is uninstalled.  The uninstall of my feature takes a few minutes and the user gets no feedback currently.

I believe in 3.1 the custom install handler has access to ui class packages, but I'm in 3.0.1 right now….

Thanks,
Brad

Back to the top