[platform-update-dev] Using SWT from a Custom Install Handler

I am writing an CustomInstallHandler to install a non-plugin file.  I
want to let the user choose where to store the file (xyz.zip) and need
to pop up a dialog box to let them browse the file system.

I am extending BaseInstallHandler and implementing IInstallHandler and
using the code in DefaultInstallHandler.java (from the
org.eclipse.update.internal.core package) verbatum.  This works fine
both when I jar the CustomInstallHandler and reference it as a library
and when I don't specify a library.  Then I add the code to implement a
pop-up dialoge box to browse the file system.  This works when I don't
specify a library BUT when I try to use it as a library I get the
following:

Unable to complete action for feature "XYZ Feature" due to errors.
  Error reported by custom install handler for feature "XYZ Feature".
[org/eclipse/swt/widgets/Composite]

The problem seems to be specific to the swt - Any ideas?  I haven't been
able to find any documentation on this - but I assume that letting the
user choose where to save a non-plugin file is something you would want
to allow.

Susan
email: susan.b.foster@xxxxxxxxx
phone: 480-552-0927