[platform-update-dev] Update Server Redirection (site.xml)

Hello,

We have update and discovery labels within our primary feature that point
to a specific server.  Example:

http://www.server-one.com/updates

However, we want to redirect the address that the user goes to above to a
different server.  Example:

http://www.server-two.com/updates

We are doing this by putting the site.xml on server-one and editing the
site.xml so that each feature url points to server-two.  Example:

<feature
url="http://www.server-two.com/updates/features/my.feature_1.0.0.jar";>

This seems to work because within the IDE, I can see the site.xml load
with all the features and categories.  Unfortunately, when I click on the
"install" button I get halfway through the feature install and start
getting error reports saying that the feature is missing it's plugins.  I
have verified that the feature directory, and plugins directory on
server-two are at the same level and that all .jar files are there.

Any ideas why this does not work?

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Brooke

Back to the top