[platform-update-dev] Feature link to update site

Given that we now have nested features - I'm trying to understand the rules
regarding the priority or visibility to update sites defined in the
different feature layers.

I see this so far- can you confirm this will hold true:
- only the top/root feature is used for update searches (one-click updates)
- meaning, the update sites known to lower level features are ignored

- if the root does not have an update site defined, the lower layer sites
are still ignored

- multiple root features can exist such that each can offer an active
update site

Given this, if a product built using the workbench <includes> the platform
features in their own feature, will only their update site be heard when
requesting updates to the platform?  Meaning - is their a way to force a
feature included in another to look elsewhere without actually changing the
update site in the feature.xml file?

The goal is to allow products to control the pace/timing of updates to the
eclipse.org technology they ship/wrap.

Pat McCarthy   --   Eclipse Platform Enablement (3ECA)
                             --   OTI - RTP, NC
                             --   (919 254-6231 / 8-444-6231 -- FAX
8-444-4183)
                             --   Internet: PatMc@xxxxxxxxxx