Re: [platform-update-dev] Questions about "state of update/install" and "update servers"

Hi Jeff,
see embedded

1.  Is the update\install support in a state where I should start in
earnest or is there still churn going on?  In other words, are the 24 open
Priority1 bugs (some of which are marked "blocking" or "critical") enough
to seriously impede progress?
<CE> well , the stability is better than last week, but not as god as next
;-)
Seriously, as of today we may have 2-3 P1 open bug (which doesn't mean we
only have P1 bug)
Check them at the platform update page. There are already made queries.
It seems we (eclipse dev)  will soon self host in terms of install/update
</CE>

2.  This may not be the right place to ask this, but will the CDT feature
(and other features from tools hosted on eclipse.org such as GEF) be able
to "live" on the same update server the Eclipse SDK features do?  Or will
there perhaps be an "Eclipse Tools Update Server"?   Where is the default
Eclipse update server by the way?
<CE> I'l leave it to others to answers, but I believe it is in the plan
</CE>

Christophe Elek
Eclipse Project: <http://eclipse.org>
IBM canada