[platform-update-dev] Questions about "state of update/install" and "update servers"

Hi,

I'm just now getting the time to look at the Update support (wow has it
come a long way!!), and what will be necessary to package up the CDT (C/C++
Development Tools) into a downloadable feature.  Reading the docs and
playing with the 20020514 Integration build, it seems pretty
straightforward since the CDT currently consists of 20 plugins without any
real special install\packaging required.

Questions:

1.  Is the update\install support in a state where I should start in
earnest or is there still churn going on?  In other words, are the 24 open
Priority1 bugs (some of which are marked "blocking" or "critical") enough
to seriously impede progress?

2.  This may not be the right place to ask this, but will the CDT feature
(and other features from tools hosted on eclipse.org such as GEF) be able
to "live" on the same update server the Eclipse SDK features do?  Or will
there perhaps be an "Eclipse Tools Update Server"?   Where is the default
Eclipse update server by the way?

Thanks...

 Jeff Turnham
 Project Lead - C/C++ Development Tools