Re: [platform-ui-dev] apigen in Gerrit validation builds -isthisuseful?

> Before we consider such optimization, it's first important to measure whether it's worth the effort to do it. Do you have an estimation of how much time we'd save by skipping that?
Exactly, and before that, first figure out what exactly that step does.

> I agree we can safely drop those useless steps from Gerrit builds. They actually do not create *useful* artifacts, only the build result matters, so as long as API Tools don't automatically fail build in case of error, there is no value in spending cycles doing it.
I would expect that if that step fails, it will be reported to/by Gerrit, and even if the artifact isn't useful at this point, it will be for the official, build and we want Gerrit to find issues before the official build.

Dani

From:        Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        15.07.2017 00:06
Subject:        Re: [platform-ui-dev] apigen in Gerrit validation builds -        isthisuseful?
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Before we consider such optimization, it's first important to measure whether it's worth the effort to do it. Do you have an estimation of how much time we'd save by skipping that?
I agree we can safely drop those useless steps from Gerrit builds. They actually do not create *useful* artifacts, only the build result matters, so as long as API Tools don't automatically fail build in case of error, there is no value in spending cycles doing it._______________________________________________
platform-ui-dev mailing list
platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx