[platform-ui-dev] More questions in Maintenance Builds

Hi,

First off all let me state that I'm not really that deep into Builds,
git, ... so maybe what I request make no sense at all.

Now that Sravan fixed the platform.ui build, I tried to go the next step
and get the platform-aggregator running.

The first thing I wondered is why .gitmodules does not point to the
correct remote branch so if I want to update a module to the latest
remote-branch commit with "git submodule update --remote" it switches
the submodule to master instead of pointing to the latest commit on the
maintenance-branch (I'm trying to build R4_6_maintenance).

Wouldn't it make sense to make the .gitmodules-File to contain the
remote branch and one can simply use the above command?

Would it make sense to change:

[submodule "eclipse.jdt"]
  path = eclipse.jdt
  url = ../../jdt/eclipse.jdt