Re: [platform-ui-dev] Blocking UI: Wizard Dialog modality

On 09/14/2016 05:37 PM, Stefan Xenos wrote:
I'd be in favor of the Eclipse platform using the same paradigm and eliminating all dialog boxes.
Without any rationale, and although you presented good arguments in favor of it, I'm still kind of "scared" by this change ;) So what you suggest next makes a lot of sense.

We don't need to dive all-in right away, though. We could start with the low-hanging fruit you mention and then move on to the rest of the stuff based on how we like the initial set of changes. I suspect they will be very well received.
Yeah, I also imagine that Project Settings and Preferences would be great as editors (after all, they are backed to some storage and those are about making changes and saving/applying them, they perfectly match the semantic of an editor).
Once we have it, some people like me will probably become less reluctant to the "no-dialog at all" proposal.
Is there a bugzilla one could follow about adding ability to show Project Settings and Preferences as editors?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top