Re: [platform-ui-dev] Auto-save questions

> > the act of unzipping shouldn't exactly be seen as somewhat advanced
>
> The oomph scripts do an awful lot more than unzipping. They produce a
> workspace containing the code you want to work on that compiles correctly
> with no user configuration.

As I already pointed out, I 'simulated' the workflow of a person who only needs to download and run Eclipse, with no interest whatsoever on getting Eclipse code itself. They are the vast majority and its their workflow I wanted to test. By no means I want anyone to infer that Oomph is useless in general.

> > I do not use Oomph for setting up my development environment. In fact I
> > never have and don't know how to do it.
> > But also I don't have any interest to know at this point. I believe this is
> > what is described as 'manual' in this thread
> > and I intend to keep doing that.
>
> You're entitled to use whatever workflow you find comfortable. However, I
> think we were discussing what workflow we should be documenting on the
> website.

No we were actually discussing about auto-save, that's why I said that I shouldn't be hijacking the thread more than I have.

> From the comments, above, it sounds like there may be a problem with our
> Oomph scripts, our public P2 repositories, or git servers, or some
> combination of the above. Sure, there's no reason not to document
> workarounds, but I hope that we can direct the greatest amount of attention
> toward fixing the problems themselves.

Oh I did that of course. For what is fixable, it resulted in respective dev list messages and bugs. I intervened here because of something I previously thought was isolated, popped up on Dirk's workflow also.