Re: [platform-ui-dev] Commit message guidelines

I also agree with John et. al.

Placing the bug number and title on the 1st line also means that is what we see in the Eclipse (EGit) History view.  Which, I believe, is a good thing.

I'm fine with a short blurb describing the work.  I'm even OK with re-iterating the bug number on the last line if it helps tooling.  But I would wonder if we couldn't just alter the tooling to look for a bug number as the 1st thing in the comment.

Dean_Roberts@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top