Re: [platform-ui-dev] Commit message guidelines

I agree with John.

I find the "bug xxx - bug title" comments perfect: Makes it immediately
obvious where the change is coming from and doesn't scatter information in
too many places. The "Bug: #" in the footer would be nice, but it's not
there for the majority of commits in the repo, so I'm not sure if it's
worth adding it now for new commits. Furthermore, the footer is not shown
in commit lists (History view, Pull Result dialog,...), so the bug number
would have to be repeated in the title anyway.

> 1-4 sentences describing what was done in the commit (believe me, that's
not currently on our bugs, usually just a "fixed" comment)

If the code needs explanation, then it should either be refactored or a
comment should be added in the source. Some high-level description of a
fix would be nice, but can just as well go to Bugzilla.

Just my 2 cents
Markus

Back to the top