Re: [platform-ui-dev] How to setup and run UI And Runtime Unit tests from workspace?

> Then I will assume you have setup a 3.8 target platform given the number of compiler errors in org.eclipse.ui.tests on 4.x, correct?

I had not, and did not know what you meant at first, as I did not have any compile errors there.

But I started over, this time pulling in R4_development instead of master as the "initial branch" into my workspace, and ... sure enough, lots of compile errors in org.eclipse.ui.tests. Apparently the relationship between R4_development and master is not what I expected (I was expecting a small difference) and/or I made some other errors when setting up my development environment the first time.

So, how does this work? That is, how do you run org.eclipse.ui.tests from your workspace, against 4.x, if you need to compile that bundle against 3.x?

Also, I found I needed to pull in org.eclipse.core.tests.harness from CVS, in addition to org.eclipse.test.performance. Is that right? I ask since the later is mentioned in http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/Git but not the former.  I'd be glad to update the wiki if I'm correct ... but, figure there is a good chance I am misunderstanding something.

Back to the top