[platform-ui-dev] How to setup and run UI And Runtime Unit tests from workspace?

In exploring how to use Git, I figured one test of "correctness" would be to run the unit tests.

But, I see some issues, so thought I'd post here, to see if I'm missing something, or if there are some directions documented somewhere?

Starting with a clean Eclipse SDK from Juno M1 as development environment,  I followed the directions in

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/Git

and imported "master" versions of all existing projects, from following two repos
        ssh://<userid>@git.eclipse.org/gitroot/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git
        ssh://<userid>@git.eclipse.org/gitroot/platform/eclipse.platform.runtime.git

plus imported from CVS Head
        org.eclipse.test.performance

This gave me 73 projects in my workspace.
Sound right so far?

There were compile errors in 5 of them, so I "closed" those: 3 related to platforms
org.eclipse.ui.win32
org.eclipse.ui.carbon
org.eclipse.ui.cocoa

and two related to examples .. I'm assuming that are not used?
org.eclipse.ui.examples.views.properties.tabbed.hockeyleague
org.eclipse.ui.examples.views.properties.tabbed.logic

This was on Linux. Similar on windows, except no compile errors in org.eclipse.ui.win32 so did not close that project there.

Sound right so far?

So, I noticed 10 launchers were "built in" once I imported all these projects, so tried running each of them. Results below. My results on Windows were similar to Linux, except Windows had an additional error in 'testRemove' in the "All Runtime Tests" suite.

So ... I'm wondering. Is there something I'm missing? Wrong branches/versions imported? Impossible to run these "live" from workspace? Is there some setup others use to get all the tests to pass? Or are these errors common issues everyone knows about when running from workspace? Or, are these just bugs I should document? Do they pass in "batch mode", but not from workspace?

As I mentioned, I mostly just wanted to sanity check my setup ... I'm not that concerned about the tests, per se.

Thanks for any insights or pointers.

= = = = = = = =

AllRuntimeTests (426/426)
   testRemove (failed on Windows only)

Core Test Suite (175/175)

JFace-All Tests (955/955)
1 Failure:
   testRevealBug69076

JFace-Data Binding Test Suite (4026/4026)

Navigator Test Suite (87/87)

Rcp Test Suite (28/28)

Tabbed Properties Veiw (27/27)

UI Test Suite (1551/1551, commented out one, on Linux, per bug 356106)
5 errors, 2 failures
        testStartup
        testOpenAndHideEditor
        testBasicSelectionEmpty