From:        Remy Suen <remysuen@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        08/30/2011 09:42 AM
Subject:        Re: [platform-ui-dev] How to setup and run UI And Runtime Unit tests        from workspace?
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 2:33 PM, David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But, I see some issues, so thought I'd post here, to see if I'm missing
> something, or if there are some directions documented somewhere?

There's a page for contributing to Platform UI, though it is kind of general.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/How_to_Contribute

> Starting with a clean Eclipse SDK from Juno M1 as development environment,

So do you mean you used 3.8M1 or 4.2M1?

> So, I noticed 10 launchers were "built in" once I imported all these
> projects, so tried running each of them. Results below. My results on
> Windows were similar to Linux, except Windows had an additional error in
> 'testRemove' in the "All Runtime Tests" suite.

I'm not sure about the runtime tests given that that's under the scope of Platform Runtime and not for UI. Though the reason we care about Runtime "more" now is that our DI engine is under the Runtime umbrella.

> JFace-All Tests (955/955)
> 1 Failure:
> testRevealBug69076

JFace tests have usually been good for me unless I start moving around too much because then it can cause paint events to not occur for virtual stuff.

> testOpenAndHideEditor

I know there was a problem with one of the editor tests if EGit was installed. I'm not sure if this is the one in question though.

Regards,
Remy