[platform-ui-dev] Questions on activities and trigger points

The EclipseCon presentation on activities states that activities can be automatically enabled by trigger points. The current trigger points are:

Wizards (New and Import)
Project nature

How is the relationship defined between these trigger points and an activity defined? I can only imagine that the the plug-in defined in an activity pattern is inspected to see if it contains a contribution to the newWizard, importWizard, or projectNature extension point. Is that correct?

Are other trigger points planned or anticipated?

Will the Activity Configuration dialog remain in Eclipse as the way in which users manually manage what activities they want enabled? I was not sure if it was an interim mechanism or not. Was a preference page a consideration for this or might it get filtered out by an activity :) ?

Thanks!

Jim D'Anjou

Back to the top