[platform-ui-dev] Willing to contribute

Hi all.

I am willing to aid Eclipse development team. I've got decent experience in
both Java and Eclipse plugin development (i.e. for last 6 month I'm working
on a complex commercial editor based on GEF/JFace/will be based on an RCP).

So, I hope my skills will be enough to start working on a folding in a text
editor - the only problem I see is a lack of the free time to devote to
open-source development :(

I've got following questions:

  1.. Which mailing list should I address?
  2.. Is there any person working on this feature already? If it is so, I
will try to do something else :)
  3.. If any research was done on this topic, isn't the implementation
blocked by the SWT or any other module aside from the
org.eclipse.ui.editors.
  4.. Can the foldable regions be overlapping or nested ones are enough?
  5.. Please share any thoughts you have on the topics - maybe there were
some previous discussions - though I've tried to search the archives.

Eugene

Back to the top