Re: [platform-ui-dev] PDE: NoClassDefFoundError

Hi Timo!

You're right, this isn't the right place to ask this kind of question. The mailinglists are intended mainly for those who develop Eclipse and questions like this are better asked in one of the newsgroups. They're followed by far more people and questions like
this will thus be answered much faster.

Anyway, it looks like your plugin.xml is missing the reference to the org.eclipse.swt plugin. To fix this, open the plugin.xml with the 'Plug-in Manifest Editor' and switch to the dependecies tab. Add 'org.eclipse.swt' to the list of required plugins. This'll
fix that problem but I guess there will be more missing requirements.

The plugin.xml lists the runtime requirements of your plugin (and several other things) while the classpath only lists the compile-time requirements. In general, it's a much better idea to make changes to the plugin.xml, then using "Update Classpath" (on
plugin.xml's context menu) to update the classpath accordingly.

Cheers,
Boris