Re: [platform-ui-dev] Print Preview / Page Setup dialogs

Randy,

SWT provides PrinterDialog, which is the standard OS dialog for choosing a
printer and setting its options, including orientation .  Some
applications add application-specific pages to this dialog, but this is
not currently supported in SWT.  This does not address
application-specific page layout settings as usually shown in a Page
Setup... dialog.  Nor does it address what typically goes into a Print
Preview dialog.  I agree that there are common elements to both of these,
and it would be nice if Eclipse provided such support (whether at the SWT
level or the Workbench level).

However, the Eclipse team does not have any planned work in this area (see
the R3.0 plan at
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/eclipse_project_plan_3_0.html),
nor do we have the resources to address this without impacting on other
planned items.

If you would like to contribute something in this area to Eclipse, we can
work together to define its requirements.  Otherwise, please enter feature
requests in Bugzilla.

Regards,
Nick

Randy Hudson/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS