[platform-ui-dev] Print Preview / Page Setup dialogs

We have a requirement to provide a print preview dialog.  This dialog would show you a representation of a piece of paper with a thumbnail of the printed contents on it.  The thumbnail portion is application specific, but I was wondering if options such as print margin, page orientation, etc., could be provided by JFace or SWT?

How is it possible to do things like change the print orientation (landscape/portrait), duplex printing, etc.  One way is just to have a button labeled "properties", which invokes the native Printer properties dialog.  But I think this dialog is missing from SWT.

Many applications have two separate actions from the File menu: Print, and Page Setup. Setup would allow you to change orientation and print margins, and maybe other options such as printing source code using 2 columns ala enscript on Unix.  I'm thinking that the Page Setup dialog would be non-native, and that maybe the workbench could provide a framework for this.

If you want to volley your response to the SWT mailing list, I'm subscribed.

Back to the top