[platform-ui-dev] o.e.ui.tests: what's automagic?

Is there a current list of what UI testing is done automatically and
what is manual? Why I ask:

I'm interested in seeing SWT/JFace have the same level of GUI test
automation that AWT/Swing currently has (using JUnit-integrated,
click-coordinate-independent packages such as Abbot and JFCUnit).
To avoid reinvention of wheels (and as much work as possible),
I'd like to know what can already be automated. In looking at
o.e.ui.tests, it appears that some testing is automated (e.g. that
labels and buttons in a dialog are sufficiently large to display all
the text upon them), but most is still manual.

I'm wondering: is there a list of what testing is manual and what is
automatic? (I didn't notice anything in .../doc.) Or is there no
alternative to RTF source? (F.equals("fine") :-)

I'd also appreciate knowing about any plans you might have regarding
GUI test automation.

Back to the top